Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hair. Mine. (getoverit)

Yesterday, I had the curliest, nappiest 'fro I could ever have. Cute, too. Clips holding down the sides, giving 'em the Jaleesa look (the different world years). Straight nappy.
Today, I have my hair pulled back in a ponytail. With a long ponytail attachment. Straight...straight. With a curl at the end.
I say this to say, hair doesn't change who I am. I'm still the same intelligent, sassy, nerdy, bitchy, hilarious, talented, shy 'till I get to know you, fashion forward, "pretty for a fat girl" chick whether I'm rockin' a natural 'do, or my weaves and attachments.
I don't have to be barefoot and drenched in sandalwood and Kente cloth to be proud and natural. I don't have to be some ignorant stereotypical beeotch, or a sellout to wear a weave. I'm still au naturale whether I wear a weave or not.
So...for those who give a fuck about the state of my hair (and there are too many people who do -_-..) Please know that a. It's really none of your business if you have something negative to say (i.e.: damn you cut off your locks, you aren't even natural anymore! Or... Why you be wearing that fake hair when you have "good hair")
b. My hair is to satisfy me. I like different looks, which quite frankly, is the reason I cut my locks...I didn't have some kind of revelation or epiphany, I just did it.
c. Its JUST HAIR!! LOL. The End.

Its all love though; people just kill me with their stereotypes. I'm more like a prototype than a stereotype (conceit??) though, ya digg?!

0 comments: